The University of Central Florida College of Medicine educates and inspires individuals to be exemplary physicians and scientists, leaders in medicine, scholars in discovery, and adopters of innovative technology to improve the health and well-being of all.
Our patient-centered mission is achieved by outstanding medical care and services, groundbreaking research, and leading edge medical and biomedical education in an environment enriched by diversity.
We value the individual worth, dignity, and well-being of those with whom we teach, study, work, and serve. The core values that guide our conduct, performance, and decisions, and that form the foundation for our relationships are:
• Excellence—to achieve the highest standards in everything we do
• Integrity—to be honest, ethical, and consistent in our actions
• Patient-centricity—to focus on the health and wellness of patients in all that we do
• Knowledge-centricity—to discover, create, value, evaluate, and share knowledge
• Creativity—to be curious, open, and innovative
• Collaboration—to work together regardless of organizational boundaries
• Communication—to listen and be open and transparent with students, patients, and colleagues
• Diversity—to be inclusive and value differences
• Reverence—to treat each person with respect and dignity and value his or her being
• Compassion—to treat others with kindness and empathy
• Dedication—to maintain commitment to the mission
• Service—to understand and respond to the needs of individuals and the community
The University of Central Florida College of Medicine aspires to be the nation’s premier 21st century college of medicine.
The UCF College of Medicine will be a national leader in education, research, and patient care, recognized for supporting and empowering its students and faculty to realize their passion for discovery, healing, health, and life, and for its ability to create partnerships to transform medical education, health care, and research.
Goal 1: Excel in medical and biomedical education
Goal 2: Excel in research and discovery in: biomedical sciences, medical education, and health care
Goal 3: Provide outstanding, innovative, patient-centered care while transforming health care delivery
Goal 4: Be America’s leading partnership college of medicine
Goal 5: Achieve a diversified self-sustaining infrastructure to support future operations