The promotion and tenure process requires ongoing planning and support. The following resources are provided to guide you through each step, from deciding if you’re ready for P&T all the way through the requirements and deadlines. If you have additional questions regarding the P&T services and resources offered by your Faculty Development office, please contact us at email@example.com.
Am I ready for promotion or tenure?
The following checklists were created to quickly assess your readiness for promotion. They’re also helpful in identifying the evidence you would want to collect for book 2 in support of your application for promotion.
Clinical Sciences, Internal Medicine and Medical Education Faculty
- Checklist for Promotion to Non-Tenure Associate Professor
- Checklist for Promotion to Non-Tenure Professor
- Checklist for Promotion to Non-Tenure clinical track Associate Professor
- Checklist for Promotion to Non-Tenure clinical track Professor
Burnett Faculty (coming soon)
Promotion & Tenure Guidelines and Timeline
- UCF Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- Promotion and Tenure Schedule
- Affiliate and Volunteer Faculty Promotion Process
- COM Promotion and Tenure Guidelines for Affiliated and Volunteer Faculty
- Timeline for Promotion & Tenure Review Periods for COM Affiliate & Volunteer Faculty
Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences Faculty
Clinical Sciences Department Faculty
Internal Medicine Department Faculty
Medical Education Department Faculty
Cumulative Progress Evaluations (CPEs)
Cumulative Progress Evaluations (CPEs) are required for tenure-earning faculty beginning in their second year. Tenure-earning faculty getting CPEs must submit a CPE binder – an abbreviated version of a Promotion & Tenure file – to the chair. The binders should include the following sections as outlined in the dossier contents document at http://facultyexcellence.ucf.edu/files/2017/07/Assistant-and-Associate-Professors.pdf:
- Impact statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Department guidelines
- Annual assignments
- Annual evaluations
- Research funding reports
- Research & creative activities summary and evidence
- Teaching activities summary and evidence
- Service activities summary and evidence
- Other assigned duties
Associate professors considering promotion may request a CPE.
CPE CV Templates
- CPE CV Template for Burnett School Faculty
- CPE CV Template for Clinical Sciences, Internal Medicine, and Medical Education Faculty
What additional services are offered?
- Check out this great resource from our Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library team, with tips on how to present your publication impact and metrics in your P&T packet using three popular data-set websites.
- Tips from Faculty who were recently promoted or serve on P&T review committees
You can contact Faculty Development anytime throughout the process:
- If you’re unsure about your readiness for promotion, our office is happy to review your checklist for promotion and CV to determine the strength of your application.
- Faculty development can review your CV and provide feedback on the flow of content and provide helpful examples of the best way to present your credentials/areas of excellence.
- Need help or feedback on the all important narratives that are included in your dossier? Our office can provide tips for marketing yourself through your narratives.
- If you’re unsure about who may be a good external reviewer, our office is happy to give you strategies for identifying those who would best understand your academic credentials.
- As your dossier moves from the departmental committee, your chair, the college committee, the dean, then the university P&T committee, Faculty Development can assist with any replies or additions you make to your application.