Find resources related to curriculum development, teaching strategies, instructional technology, evaluation and assessment.
Faculty Development Summer Initiative
- UCF College of Medicine Teaching Philosophies and Strategies Guide
- Self Learning Modules Best Practices
- Models for Interactive Teaching
- COM presentation guidelines
- Catch their attention: tips for giving presentations
- Facilitating a small-group exercise
- Team-based learning: from principle to application
- Best practices: audience response system
Evaluation & Assessment
Educational Technology Resources
Our Educational Technology department provides:
- Support with educational applications including Webcourses, Word, PowerPoint, Virtual Microscope, Turning Point, Articulate, and Adobe products.
- One-on-one consultations and just-in-time training for technology and software applications used in face-to-face and online class assignments.
- Multimedia support in educational content – including images, graphics, animations, 4K and 360 degree videos, and augmented and virtual reality applications.
- Support with storyboards, scanning, editing, and conversion of images and/or videos.
- Support with capture, edit, conversion and delivery of classroom lectures in Panopto.
- Support with poster design and printing for conferences.
- Educational Technology Services
Faculty Collaboration Center
COM Suite 417
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Each classroom is equipped with audio/video technology, a touch screen computer monitor, a confidence monitor, Microsoft Office, Internet access, and lecture recording capabilities.
- Lectures are recorded through Panopto. Please contact Matthew Malone at Malone@ucf.edu or 407-266-1428 to schedule a recording.
- Using Classroom Equipment
A computer-based software suite that allows you to create Self Learning Modules (SLMs) that students can view online.
Concept Maps & Mind Maps
Create concept maps and mind maps through your web browser and share these maps with other users.
An electronic tool to present phased cases to students and collect their thoughts as they work their way through the cases
Lynda.com provides a variety of training videos and courses for beginner to advanced users. Sign in with your UCF NID for full access.
Olympus virtual microscope allows faculty and students to access, save, and link to a rich set of medical histology and pathology slides:
For information on accessing these tutorials please contact Melissa Cowan at Melissa.Cowan@ucf.edu or 407.266.1445
PowerPoint is a Microsoft Office program that allows users to create appealing presentations and display information in a graphical format. It can be used in conjunction with the TurningPoint audience response system for enhanced interactivity in the classroom or with Articulate Studio to produce online self-learning modules (SLMs):
- Lynda.com- Learning PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Tutorials
- Learn to Use PowerPoint for More Than Boring Presentations
- Audience Polling with TurningPoint
Skype for Business
Previously known as Lync, Skype for Business is a computer-based software application that allows you to create, host, and attend web conferences
TurningPoint is the College of Medicine’s audience response system, which allows students to use physical “clickers” for submitting responses:
UCF’s online learning management system (LMS) is where faculty and staff can post and manage course content and resources, manage assignments and grades, and interact with students through discussions and announcements. Please contact Matthew Malone at Malone@ucf.edu or 407-266-1428 for additional information or training.
UCF Templates & Branding
Additional Teaching Resources
- UCF Faculty Center for Teaching & LearningThe Center offers workshops, consultations, and resources on a range of topics including curriculum development, teaching strategies, classroom management, scholarship of teaching and learning, and problem-based learning.
- Dee Fink & AssociatesA self-directed guide to designing courses for significant learning.
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New JerseyCollection of web resources on clinical teaching and education