The University of Central Florida has adopted, as a primary goal, the achievement of international prominence in research. Faculty are encouraged to initiate and maintain a program of research or create scholarly products that contribute to the knowledge of their respective fields and/or impact the local, regional, national or international community. Faculty are provided with a number of resources, both at the college and university levels, to support their scholarly endeavors.
Calendar of Conference Dates
For a list of popular conference dates, please click here.
Calendar of Conference Abstract Submission Deadlines
For a perpetual calendar of approximate conference submission deadlines, please click here.
Grant Writing Tips
For a list of tips detailing the do’s and don’ts of grant writing, please click here.
List of UCF College of Medicine Faculty Editors
For a list of all of our faculty members that serve on journal editorial boards, please click here.
College of Medicine Faculty Writing Cohort 2017
For information about the 2017 COM Faculty Writing Cohort, please click here.
Below you will find UCF College of Medicine branded research poster templates. The templates are designed to meet respective conference guidelines. You may rearrange the text boxes to suit your needs, but do not remove the UCF College of Medicine logo. If you are attending a conference that is not listed and would like to have a template created with specific conference requirements, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research in Medical Education Series
The Office of Faculty Development is hosting a series of events focusing on Research in Medical Education for our faculty.
- Program Evaluation 101
Presented by Magdalena Pasarica, M.D., Ph.D. & Andrea Berry, MPA – August 18, 2017
- Presentation Tips and Techniques
Presented by Analia Castiglioni, MD & Monica Bailey, MA – September 22, 2017
- Principles of Survey Design in Health Professions Education*
Presented by Anthony Artino Jr., PhD, CAPT, MSC, USN – September 28, 2017
- Systematic and Cochrane Review*
Presented by Morris Gordon, MBChB, MMed, PhD – October 16, 2017
- Submitting a Successful IRB Protocol*
Presented by Jennifer E. Neal-Jimenez, MD, MS, MSB, CCRP – October 27, 2017
- Mixed Methods: Looking Beyond the Numbers
Presented by Anya Andrews, PhD, PMP – Upcoming
*Indicates that session recording is for UCF COM staff and faculty only. Select Webcourses to view session recording.
- Getting Published in Medical Education
Presented by Dr. Morris Gordon – August 12, 2016
- Identifying and Starting Your Project
Presented by Shalu Gillum, JD, MLS, AHIP and Monica Bailey – August 26, 2016
- Tips for Publishing and Presenting Your Work
Presented by Dr. Elias Giraldo, Dr. David Harris, Dr. Saleh Rahman, Andrea Berry, MPA, and Monica Bailey, MA – September 16, 2016
Editorial Panel Notes
- Writing Your First Draft: Discussion Storylines
Presented by Dr. Lorelei Lingard – October 14, 2016
- Resources for Research
Presented by Anya Andrews, Ph.D., Julia Soulakova, Ph.D., Elise Dantuma, MBA, Shalu Gillum, JD, MLS, AHIP , Natasha Williams, MLIS and Angie Griffin – October 28, 2016
Research in Medical Education Resources
Peer Review Worksheet
- Get Published Now!
Presented by Latha Ganti, MD, MS, MBA, FACEP – November 18, 2016
Research Support – College of Medicine
- UCF College of Medicine Research Office – The Research Office team supports faculty in identifying funding opportunities, reviewing grant proposals, and providing general guidance in their research. Their offices are located in the Burnett building on the Lake Nona campus.
Research Support – University of Central Florida
- Institutional Review Board – The Institutional Review Board (IRB) consists of a committee established to advocate for the protection of the rights and welfare of human participants involved in research. Review and approval is required for all research involving human participants conducted by the University of Central Florida. Approval must be obtained prior to including human participants in an investigation. IRB Policy defines, in detail, the operations of the Institutional Review Board, its scope of authority, and the requirements for human subjects research conducted by or in collaboration with UCF.
- Community of Science – The Community of Science (COS) provides faculty at the University of Central Florida access to services where they can locate potential collaborators, find funding, conduct research and publish online. The Pivot as a Collaboration Tool provides information about how to setup and publish your scholarly profile so potential collaborators can find you, as well as how to track and/or be notified of funding opportunities.
- Funding Opportunities – A webpage sponsored by ORC that provides information to help faculty identify both internal and external funding opportunities.
- Workshops and Seminars sponsored by the ORC – This webpage highlights the various trainings offered by ORC that assist faculty throughout the research development process.
- Office of Research & Commercialization – The Office of Research & Commercialization (ORC) serves UCF scholars as the official liaison between UCF and funding sources and by helping faculty work through the proposal and contract management process. The Commercialization branch of the ORC guides scientists and inventors through the complex patenting and commercialization process. The ORC website provides information which assists university scholars with the announcement, application and post-award stages, and familiarizes prospective partners with the breadth of funded research conducted at the university.
- Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative – The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program is a subscription service providing research ethics education to all members of the research community. All faculty members, as well as anyone involved on a research team or study, are required to complete the components of the CITI program that are relevant to their program of research.
- AAMC Annotated Bibliography – AAMC’s annotated bibliography provides a list of journals which publish research related to Educational Scholarship.
- How to Write a Research Protocol – This document outlines all the information you’ll need to complete the process of getting a study approved by the IRB. It lists all the major sections, as well as specific information to include with each section when preparing your study for submission to IRB.