Take a stand for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at COM by becoming a Diversity Champion!
Why Should You Become a UCF COM Diversity Champion?
Be a Change Agent
Do your part to embrace, enhance, and promote the culture of diversity and inclusion in the UCF COM and medical field.
Access to in-depth and engaging DEI professional development opportunities.
Enhance and refine your professional credentials and receive a certificate of completion and college-wide recognition (virtual badge, pin, and website feature).
Develop interpersonal relationships and gain a better understanding of your colleagues, patients, and students that will enhance the quality of your work and relationships with others.
How can you become a 2021-2022 COM Diversity Champion?
- Attend and participate in a minimum of 3 COM diversity events and/or initiatives (trainings, workshops, celebrations, groups, forums, etc.) within the 2021-2022 academic year. See ODEI Calendar and Professional Development Opportunities.
- Engage in 2 external opportunities that contribute to diverse, inclusive, and equitable environments at UCF COM and in the broader community within the 2021-2022 academic year. See ODEI Resources and Outreach Opportunities for possible ideas and activities.
- Provide a short presentation or written reflection on your learning gains.
- Complete and submit the COM Diversity Champion application.
- Be a current UCF student, staff member, faculty member, resident, or affiliate.
2020-2021 Diversity Champions
“A champion isn’t made of muscle; a champion is made of heart.”
Dreamer and Doer