About Vladimir Neychev, MD, PhD
Dr. Vladmir Neychev is an Associate Professor of Surgery at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine. He is a surgeon with extensive experience in general surgery and advanced minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery techniques and methods. He is fellowship trained in endocrine surgery at the National Cancer Institute, which is part of the National Institutes of Health.
Dr. Neychev is passionate and committed to delivering the highest-quality of care and most beneficial surgical management of the entire spectrum of general surgery conditions.
Dr. Neychev is a highly trained, motivated surgeon with a passion for general surgery, biochemistry, education, and research. He has been teaching biochemistry since 2003 and surgery since 2015 at Medical University of Sofia, and now the UCF College of Medicine. What he enjoys most about his job as a surgeon at UCF Health is the ability to provide an immediate relief and instantaneous therapeutic results to his patients.
- Nilubol N, Merkel R, Yang L, Patel D, Reynolds JC, Sadowski SM, Neychev VK, Kebebew E. A phase ii trial of valproic acid in patients with advanced, radioiodine- resistant thyroid cancers of follicular cell origin. Clin Endocrinol [Epub ahead of print], 2016
- Neychev VK, Ghanem M, Blackwood SL, Aragon Han P, Fazeli R, Schneider E, Najafian A, Bloch DC, Bard MC, Klarsfeld JH, Zeiger MA, Lipton RJ, Reply to: Letter to the Editor on the article “Parathyroid surgery can be safely performed in a community hospital by experienced parathyroid surgeons: A retrospective cohort study”, Int J Surg [Epub ahead of print], 2016
- Roloff GW, Yang Z, Wood LV, Neychev V. Colon Cancer Metastasis to the Thyroid Gland: Report of a Case with Unique Molecular Profile. Clin Case Rep, 4: 549-553, 2016
- Neychev V, Mitev VI. Pro-sexual and Androgen Enhancing Effects of Tribulus terrestris L.: Fact or Fiction. J Ethnopharmacol, 179: 345-55, 2016
- Neychev V, Sadowski SM, Zhu J, Allgaeuer M, Kilian K, Meltzer P, Kebebew E. Neuroendocrine Tumor of the Pancreas as a Unique Manifestation of Cowden Syndrome: a Case Report. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 101: 353-8, 2016
- Neychev V, Ganem M, Blackwood SL, Han PA, Fazeli R, Schneider, Najafian A, Bloch DC, Bard MC, Klarsfeld JH, Zeiger MA, Lipton RJ. Parathyroid Surgery Can be Safely Performed in a Community Hospital by Experienced Parathyroid Surgeons. Int J Surg, 27: 72-76, 2015
- Sadowski SM, Neychev V, Millo C, Shih J, Nilubol N, Herscovitch P, Pacak K, Marx S, Kebebew E. A prospective study of 68Gallium-DOTATATE PET/CT for detecting gastro- entero-pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors and unknown primary sites. J Clin Oncol, 34: 588-96, 2016
- Sadowski SM, Millo C, Neychev V, Aufforth R, Keutgen X, Glanville J, Alimchandi M, Nilubol N, Herscovitch P, Quezado M, Kebebew E. Feasibility of radioguided surgery with 68Gallium DOTATATE in patients with gastro-entero-pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Ann Surg Oncol, 22: 676-82, 2015
- Neychev V, Steinberg SM, Cottle-Delisle C, Merkel R, Nilubol N, Yao J, Meltzer P, Pacak K, Marx S, Kebebew E. Mutation-targeted therapy with sunitinib or everolimus in patients with advanced low-grade or intermediate-grade neuroendocrine tumours of the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas with or without cytoreductive surgery: protocol for a phase II clinical trial. BMJ Open, 5: e008248, 2015
- Neychev V, Steinberg SM, Yang L, Mehta A, Nilubol N, Keil MF, Nieman L, Stratakis CA, Kebebew E. Long-Term Outcome of Bilateral Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy Measured by Disease-Specific Questionnaire in a Unique Group of Patients with Cushing’s Syndrome. Ann Surg Oncol, 22: 699-706, 2015
- Neychev V, Straughan D, Pacak K, Kebebew E. Multidisciplinary management of locally advanced and widely metastatic paraganglioma in a patient with life-threatening compressive symptoms. Head Neck, 37: E205-8, 2015
- Straughan DM, Neychev VK, Sadowski SM, Ellis RJ, Thomas F, Patronas NJ, Pacak K, Kebebew E, Nilubol N. Preoperative Imaging Features are Associated with Surgical Complications Following Carotid Body Tumor Resection. World J Surg, 39: 2084-9, 2015
- Liu-Chittenden Y, Jain M, Kumar P, Patel D, Aufforth R, Neychev V, Sadowksi S, Gara SK, Joshi BH, Cottle-Delisle C, Merkel R, Yang L, Miettinen M, Puri RK, Kebebew E. Phase I trial of systemic Intravenous Infusion of interleukin-13-Pseudomonas exotoxin (IL-13-PE) in patients with metastatic adrenocortical carcinoma. Cancer Med, 4: 1060-8, 2015
- Neychev V, Borruso J. Bowel Ischemia and Necrosis in Anorexia Nervosa: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Int J Surg Case Rep, 8C: 141-3, 2015
- Bekdache K, Dietzek A, Cha A, Neychev V. Endovascular hypogastric artery preservation during endovascular aneurysm repair: A review of current techniques and devices. Ann of Vasc Surg, 29: 367-76, 2014
- Sadowski SM, Neychev V, Cottle-Delisle C, Merkel R, Yang L, Quezado M, Chang R, Kebebew E. Detection of Insulinoma using 68Gallium DOTATATE PET/CT – Case Report. Gland Surgery, 3: E1-5, 2014