About Obinna O. Adigweme, MD
Dr. Obi Adigweme received his M.D. from the Florida State University College of Medicine in Tallahassee, Florida. He followed this with a General Surgery Internship and an Orthopaedic Surgery Residency with the Orlando Regional Medical Center. Dr. Adigweme then went on to complete an Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Fellowship with the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
Dr. Adigweme is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Orange County Medical Society, International Congress of Joint Reconstruction, and American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. He joined the UCF College of Medicine in September 2017 in the department of Clinical Sciences.
- Adam A. Sassoon, Obinna O. Adigweme, Joshua R. Langford, Kenneth Koval, George J. Haidukewych. “Manipulation Under Anesthesia: A Safe and Effective Treatment for the Post-traumatic Stiff Knee.” Journal of Orthopedic Trauma. 2015. Dec;29(12):e464-8. Doi: 10.1097/BOT.0000000000000395.
- George J. Haidukewych, Obinna O. Adigweme, Jeffrey R. Petrie. The Multiply Operated Total Knee Patient: When Enough is Enough. Seminars in Arthroplasty. 26(2). July 2015. DOI: 10.1053/j.sart.2015.08.017.
- Obinna O. Adigweme, Jeffrey R. Petrie, George J. Haidukewych. The multiply-operated total knee replacement patient: salvage options. Bone and Joint Journal. 2014. Nov;96-B(11 Supple A):122-4. Doi: 10.1302/0301-620X.96B11.34380.
- Obinna O. Adigweme, Adam A. Sassoon, Joshua R. Langford, George J. Haidukewych. “Periprosthetic Patellar Fractures.” Journal of Knee Surgery. 2013. Oct;26(5):313-7. Doi: 10.1055/s-0033-1353991. Epub 2013 Aug 23.
- Obinna O. Adigweme, Gwo-Chin Lee. Tranexamic Acid: The New Gold Standard? Techniques in Orthopaedics. March 2017 – Volume 32 – Issue 1 – p 17–22. Doi: 10.1097/BTO.0000000000000205.
- Obinna O. Adigweme, Gregory Hale, Jose Herrera-Soto. “Amniocaproic Acid Safely and Effectively Reduces Intraoperative Blood Loss in the Pediatric Patient Undergoing Periacetabular Osteotomy.” Submitted to Orthopaedics
- Adam A. Sassoon, Obinna O. Adigweme, Joshua R. Langford, Kenneth Koval, George J. Haidukewych. “Manipulation Under Anesthesia: A Safe and Effective Treatment for the Post-traumatic Stiff Knee.” International Society for Fracture Repair Meeting. Poster Presentation. NY, NY 2014. Orthopaedic Trauma Association Poster Presentation. Tampa, FL 2014.