About Naazli M. Shaikh, M.D.
Dr. Naazli Shaikh is licensed and board certified in Ophthalmology. She is the Section Chief of the Department of Ophthalmology & Optometry with the Orlando VA. In addition to her affiliation with the UCF College of Medicine, Dr. Shaikh is an Assistant Clinical Professor with the University of Texas Medical Branch, Howard University, Florida State University, and the University Of South Florida College Of Medicine.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Shaikh joined the college in June of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Han DP, Mohsin N, Hartz A, Guse CE. Comparison of pneumatic retinopexy and scleral buckling in the management of primary rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. Am J Ophthalmol. 1998 Nov;126(5):658-68.
- Shaikh S, Shaikh N, Blumenkranz MS. Fluorescein angiographic changes in acute toxic retinopathy associated with polypharmacy. Retina. 2000;20(6):685-8.
- Singh K, Mehta K, Shaikh N, Tsai J, Moster M, Budenz D, Greenfield D, Chen P, Cohen J, Baerveldt G, Shaikh S. Trabeculectomy with intraoperative mitomycin C versus 5-fluorouracil: prospective randomized clinical trial. Ophthalmology. 2000 Dec;107(12):2305-9.
- Shaikh, N and Manche, E. Laser in situ keratomileusis for myopia and compound myopic astigmatism using the Technolas 217 scanning-spot laser. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002 Mar;28(3):485-90
- Shaikh S, Shaikh N, Manche EE. Iatrogenic keratoconus as a complication of radial keratotomy. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002 Mar;28(3):553-5.
- Shaikh N, Shaikh S, Singh K, Manche EE. Progression to End Stage Glaucoma Following Laser in Situ Keratomileusis. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2002 Feb;28(2):356-9.
- Shaikh S, Shaikh N, Chun SH, Spin JM, Blumenkranz MS, Marmor MF. Retinal evaluation of patients on chronic Amiodarone therapy. Retina. 2003 Jun;23(3):354-9.
- Shaikh NM, Hayes BC, Kaufman SC. Ketorolac for the regression of myopic LASIK overcorrection. Cornea. 2004 May; 23(4):339-344.
- Shaikh NM, Kaufman SC, Wee, Hayes B. The safety and efficacy of photorefractive keratectomy after laser in situ keratomileusis. J Refract Surg. 2005 Jul-Aug; 21(4):353-8.
- PRK for the Correction of Refractive Errors after LASIK, PKP, and RK Current Insight – ONE Network. 2008. American Academy of Ophthalmology. AAO.org