About John Hoy, MD
Dr. John Hoy is the Chief and Chair Member of the Department of Radiology at the Orlando VA Medical Center. He also served as Director of Breast Imaging and Intervention with the Orlando VA. Additionally, Dr. Hoy is the President and Radiologist with Moore Radiology in Pennsylvania. He has 24 years’ experience in the medical field and is licensed in all 50 states.
Dr. Hoy is a member of the American College of Radiology, Society of Breast Imaging, and Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography. He has held a board member position with the Dartmouth Medical School Alumni Council for the past 10 years. Dr. Hoy has also held a wide-variety of leadership roles, including Principal and Chief Medical Officer of MediSKY Technologies, LLC and Founder and CEO of Professional Referral Solutions, Inc.
In partnership with the VA, UCF College of Medicine has identified individuals that provide a significant contribution to the college and medical students. Dr. Hoy joined the college in April of 2016 as part of this partnership. VA faculty members are invited to participate in teaching assignments, curriculum and admissions committees, student affairs and research mentorship. Their contributions make a significant impact for both the college and students.
Peer Reviewed Journals
- Hoy, JF and Shortsleeve, MJ. Diagnosis of Diaphragmatic Rupture Utilizing Spiral Computed Tomographic Reconstruction. Emergency Radiology. 1997:4 127-128.
- Hoy, JF and Flanigan, TP. AIDS Wasting as a Consequence of Cocaine and Heroin Use. Clin Infect Dis. 1994:19 209-210.
- Dixon PS, Flanigan TP, DeBuono BA, Hoy JF, Laurie J, Scott H, Carpenter CCJ. Infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus: Meeting the Healthcare Challenge. Am J Med. 1993:95 629-635.
- Flanigan TP, Imam N, Lange N, Fiore T, Hoy J, Stein M, Carpenter CCJ. Decline of CD4 lymphocyte counts from the time of seroconversion in HIV-positive women. (1992) J Wom Hlth. 1(3): 231-4.
- Hoy JF, Flanigan TP, Bubly G, Crowley M, DeBuono B. Progression of CD4 Counts Among HIV Positive Prison Inmates and the Positive Impact of AZT. VIII International Conference on AIDS/II STD World Congress. July 1992. Amsterdam, the Netherlands.