The following documents contain information on the MLS profession, curriculum, and suggested schedule of courses to complete the degree program.
- MLS Fact Sheet
- MLS Curriculum
- MLS Suggested Plan of Study
- MLS Schedule
- MLS Essential Requirements
- MLS Handbook
The official program of study for the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences is available online in the UCF Undergraduate Catalog.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for admission:
- Completion of the UCF General Education Program and Foreign Language Admission requirements
- Completion of all prerequisite course requirements with a minimum grade of “C” (No CLEP, TSD, or AP credits accepted)
- A combined GPA of 2.5 in prerequisites and the major courses
Important: Please note that admission to the University does not constitute admittance into the upper-division, limited-access Medical Laboratory Sciences program. The limited access is due to low student-clinical instructor ratio limits required for accreditation.
The following prerequisite courses MUST be completed prior to entering the professional phase of this upper-division limited-access program. A minimum grade of “C” MUST be achieved in prerequisite courses. A GPA of 2.5 in prerequisites and the major courses is also required.
- Biology I with Lab
- Chemistry Fundamentals I and II
- Chemistry Fundamentals Lab
- Organic Chemistry I and II
- Organic Laboratory Techniques I
- General Microbiology with Lab
- Human Anatomy with Lab
- Human Physiology with Lab
- College Algebra
- Statistical Methods I
Applicants must complete and/or submit all of the following materials by the application deadline to be considered for admission:
- An MLS Program Application
- Three (3) completed reference forms*
- A formal interview
*A minimum of two (2) references must be from science professors; one (1) employer reference is acceptable. Reference forms should be sent directly to the program.
An MLS Program Application and three reference forms must be sent directly to the Medical Laboratory Sciences office. Preference will be given to those whose application files are complete by the March 1st deadline, but applications and materials will be accepted until the class is full.