Optometry Clinical Internship
- Medical Specialty: Optometry
- Duties: Shadow physicians practicing optometry either in their private offices or in a hospital setting.
- Shadowing Commitment: 4 – 5 hours per week, to be arranged between physician and student (minimum 40 hours of service). Available times are Tuesday through Friday 6:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Length of Service: Spring semester (January – April), Summer B semester (July – August). The Optometry Internship is not available Fall 2017.
- Program Orientation Period: UCF Orientation one late afternoon/early evening (during the first week of the semester). Second Orientation may be required by doctor, TBD.
- Minimum GPA Requirements: 3.3
- Course Requirements: Anatomy or Physiology
- Other Requirements: Unofficial copy of transcripts/academic audit, Personal Resume and “Weekly View” of spring, or fall respectively, class schedule to be submitted with application.
- Academic Credit: Registration for MCB 4941 (required ONLY for selected Program Participants – one credit), graded S/U.
- Expenses: Commuting
- Program Eligibility: PRIORITY given to students entering their APPLICATION year (those who will apply to professional school the summer after the internship).
The Optometry Internship Application for the 2017 Summer B Optometry Clinical Internship is due Friday June 2 at 5:00 pm.