It is the responsibility of each applicant to meet established deadlines and to monitor the status of their AMCAS and UCF College of Medicine Supplemental applications. The UCF Supplemental Application Dashboard will provide each applicant with the status of each application component, and will reflect file completion upon receipt of all information. The M.D. Program Admissions Office also intends to send an email to each applicant upon completion of their file. Applicants will not be considered for an interview until all required information has been received and their file has been completed.
Components of a completed application are as follows:
- Verified AMCAS application
- Designated letters of recommendations provided via AMCAS only
- Submitted College of Medicine Supplemental Application
- Paid application fee or AMCAS Fee Waiver Verification
- Uploaded passport-style photo (requested, but not required)
- Additional optional information provided directly by the applicant such as:
- Letters providing updated or amplifying information (via email)
- Recent grade sheet/unofficial transcript via email attachment (official transcripts are not needed unless requested)
Applicants must complete an application through the online American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) at www.aamc.org. AMCAS is the national application service that processes applications for M.D. Programs throughout the nation. Through AMCAS, an applicant may apply to most M.D. programs by completing one application and paying the appropriate fees. AMCAS provides the college with applicant information immediately upon completion of AMCAS transcript verification process.
The AMCAS application period begins in late May and terminates on or before December 15 prior to the year in which the applicant anticipates enrollment. The AMCAS Application deadline is the date when students must submit the application, all fees, original transcripts, and associated data to AMCAS.