Updates & Changes
The following deadlines will be implemented for all four internship programs that begin in the upcoming semester (Spring 2014):
- You may only apply for a total of 2 Internship Programs per semester.
- Applications for Spring 2014 will be accepted between November 4th and December 6th, 2013.
- Application return deadline: NO LATER than 5 pm on Friday, Dec. 6th to the Pre-Health Professions Advisement Office, HPA 1 – room 124.
- Selected student program participants will be notified by electronic communication (email), please be sure to check your email regularly after the return deadline (students are typically notified the week prior to classes starting).
- Clinical Internship Program Orientation date is TBA: if accepted, you will receive an email with the date of orientation, which will be held the first week of class for the appropriate semester.
- If applying to 2 programs, you MUST turn in the copies of the required paperwork for EACH application.
The Pre-Health Professions Advisement Office (PHPAO) has established agreements with a number of health care provider organizations and physician societies in the greater Orlando area, to implement clinical shadowing internship opportunities for UCF premedical students. Participating students will be registered for MCB 4941 during this internship course, and their shadowing efforts and attendance record are evaluated at the end of the semester of service by the physicians they shadow or by pertinent administrators of the medical facility where their service took place. Above are the abbreviated descriptions of the five clinical internship programs currently overseen by the PHPAO.