Education, Training, and Research:
- B.S. Chemistry-Biology, Stetson University, Deland, FL
- M.D. University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Surgical Internship, University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- General Surgery Residency, University of Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgical Fellowship, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
About Paul D. Schumacher, M.D.
Dr. Paul Schumacher is a board-certified by The American Board of Thoracic Surgery and The American Board of Surgery and has over 30 years of experience in surgical practice in Florida. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, American College of Chest Physicians, and American College of Surgeons. His professional memberships include the American Heart Association, Florida Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons, John W. Kirklin Society, Le Club Mitrale, Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and Southern Thoracic Surgical Association.
He joined the clinical faculty in 2009 and is involved in mentoring and teaching medical students in the Clinical Skills Center and in the HB-2 Anatomy Lab experience.